Graphic Neon Orange Nails
Had to cut my nails for work but that’s not going to stop me from having a nice mani :)
COSMIC DRIP NAILS TUTORIAL
You will need
- dark base color (I used NYX Purple Noir )
- 2 polish of your own choice ( For this tutorial, I used Color Club Twiggie (green) and e.l.f Lilac (purple) but in the actual manicure I posted I used Color Club Almost Famous (yellow) and Poptastic (pink))
- white polish (I used NYC French White Tip)
- glitter polish (I used China Glaze Fairy Dust)
- top coat (I used Seche Vite)
- a type of small dotting tool (I used a bobby pin)
- Place dots on the middle of the nail in varying heights. With a loaded brush go over the dot again and drag it down to the tip.
- Connect the vertical lines with curved lines. Again in varying heights for a more realistic look. Fill in the gaps so the drips look solid.
- After waiting for the base color to dry, smear a small amount of your first color on a small sponge and dab it all over the base color (especially on the drips).
- With the same technique, dab your second color close to your first color.
- Next, with a dotting tool place small white dots around the drips. Again, let polishes dry.
- Go over the entire drips with your glitter polish. Again, let dry.
- Finally, go over your entire nail with a top coat and you’re DONE!
Hopefully, this is helpful and let me know if any of you try it out :D
What do you think of my first tutorial?
We have a VERY special treat in store for all of you this Holiday! In celebration of James Bond’s Golden Anniversary we are releasing our first-ever 18 karat gold leaf top coat “The Man with the Golden Gun”
Inspired by the world of 007, this stunning top coat contains real 18 karat gold and comes packaged in a special limited edition collectable gold bottle – the ultimate holiday gift! Available this October.
From the OPI FB page! I want this soooooo bad, I hope it won’t be too expensive though :/
:O~~ That is me salivating. But how will I justify buying this? Hmm… I guess I have 3 months to work on it ;)
Cosmic Drip Nails (SICKKKK AS HELL)
love these nails so much. They deserve a photo set.
GIVEAWAY PRIZES: (click the picture to scroll through all prizes!)
- Spiderman Series Minis! ~ Into The Night, Number One Nemesis, Just Spotted the Lizard!, and Your Web or Mine?
- China Glaze ~ Luxe and Lush, Optical Illusion, and Crackle Gleam Me Up
- Sinful Colors ~ Soul Mate, You Just Wait, and Tokyo Pearl
- Zoya ~ Goldie
- L’ oreal ~ Club Prive
- 3 - Nail Star Two Way nail art pen & brushes
- Jolee’s Jewels ~ Red swarvoski crystals
- Cina Nail Creations ~ Over the Rainbow
- Donalyn Water Nail Decals ~ Two amazing packs of nail water decals! One has hilarious and funny sayings, and the other has some vintage floral designs. :)
**P.S. For one of the entries that asked why I make it a requirement to follow me, to put it simply, I do it for you. The more followers I have, the easier it is for my wholesaler to offer me more things for free/at a lower price, that in return I can give to you. I don’t do it for attention, or just to be able to say I have a lot of followers, I actually have something to offer each and every one of you. I truly love throwing giveaways and I love aspiring nail fanatics like myself to paint, paint, paint. :)
Enter below! Contest starts 12:01am 07/13/2012 & ends 08/13/2012!
Batman Rises inspired nails.
Sadly, you can’t really see the layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust.